Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Here I am...

Well, here I am on Blogger. I wanted a chance to get my Photosheleter images out where people can see them. I am a lifelong fan of photography, but had never owned a decent camera until recently. I was always a point-n-shoot guy due to a limited budget. However, in March I purchased my first DSLR - a Canon EOS Rebel 400D (xTi). I currently have the two kit lenses it came with as well as the "nifty-fifty" (50mm f1.8), but am looking forward to purchasing the 70-200 f4 L soon.
Never being one to be satisfied with doing anything halfway, I skipped right over anything remotely automatic on the camera and dove right into full manual. It has been a blast learning to take great photos. So many fuzzy or dark photos later, I am finally producing a steady crop of decent work. Two weeks ago I began to submit to Photoshelter, and was pleasantly surprised to have half of my original eight phots accepted.
So, that's where I am at the moment. I won't be writing too much in the near future since the weather is great for shooting. Much of my spare time will be in the field shooting.
Be Blessed!
Rich

No comments: